What I wish I knew earlier about success

Success  is not a gift, it is a prize given when a price is paid for. Here are some things to anticipate early enough so as to be successful.

THOUGHTS :

The way you think goes a long way in determining how well and far you will go.
 I remember a time when I told my friend these words,"You will be great, you'd have so much money that you can decide to get anything of your choice". The reply I got was alarming. Here are his words, "I don't want such money".
I was really disturbed about what he had said and just immediately, I had an insight as to why people will not make it above average.
Joel Osteen once said, "You will never go beyond the barriers in your own mind. If you think you can't do something, then you never will". THINK BIG AND POSITVE.


SET GOALS:
Thoughts end in thoughts if there comes nothing after it. Dreams remain dreams until death if plans are not ruled out for its achievement. Now that you know, what ways can you plan to achieve your goals?

  • First know that a goal cannot be achieved all at once:  I usually illustrate this fact with people playing on the pitch where each player is a plan, when he kicks the ball to his teammates, he makes a headway but all the plans (player), have one target, which is the goalpost. No goal keeper (being you) in his/her right mind, will target the goal post without having to pass the ball to his teammate. Who are the opposition players? Of course, they are the challenges you'll need to face as you move towards achieving your goals. 
  • In what area do you want results?  Is it caeer, physical fitness, education, wake time and sleep time. Make sure you break down your goals in such a way that it can be carried out and made easy.  Take a look at this
GOAL: Waking up by 4:00am daily

               Plans to this effect

Week 1:  Wake up by 6:30am
Week 2:  Wake up by 6:00am
Week 3:  Wake up by 5:30am.

At the end of the sixth week, you can boast of arriving at your goal without even noticing it. Other goals can be organized in the same vein.

  • Survey your progress: An important  but most neglected part of goal achievement is surveying the progress of plans through charts, percentage rating and any way you find easy and comfortable for your use.
  • Stick to your plans daily: During the first few weeks of your plan's initialization, everything seems easy as you are still eager and exited about the plans you are yet to implement. As a result, you would do your best to seeing there's a progress. Do not let this eagerness die after the early stage.
  • Lastly, Reward yourself for every achievement that you made. 
Well, it is more noticed than heard that people make the best plans which is later dumped for other purposes, usually for unworthy gratification.  It is not about how well plans are drawn or how analytic you might have been in the plan development but how consistent you are to your plan.    Millions of people can affirm that they have at least twice made plans that was not followed through to the third week of its initiation.



TAKE ACTIONS:
Thoughts are always accompanied with actions, as a result, actions do not stand alone. Plans is only a necessity because of the dire need to know how best an action can be taken.
 Thoughts are a compelling  force that produces results through actions which are taken. That is the reason great speakers around the world emphasise so much on thoughts that you get to envelope yourself with because they exert great forces to reality.
Every positive thoughts produces positive results, so is every negative thought.  The end result of a thought is a product of its initial ingredient.
Proverbs 23:7, "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he... ". The Bible notes that the thoughts of a man makes him, as it compels him to make plans and take actions– either the negative or positive way.
So don't just make plans, take actions!


LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY:               
Getting to learn new things daily seem to be more of a burden than pleasurable. Learning is often a burden especially when it requires that you take long period of time acquiring new knowledge and skills. I sometimes feel reluctant to learn but I encourage myself by thinking of the positive outcome of gaining knowledge. Here are some of the thoughts that run through my mind
  • There will be a time when what you are learning will be of benefit to you and possibly bring about a good fortune.
  • I think of the people whom I can teach what I have learnt earlier on. 
  • I sometimes create a mind illusion of myself having all the information in the world and soliloquising, "How well will I be regarded?". This alone motivates me in learning.    

Acquiring knowledge can also be achieved in a more pleasurable way.
  • Diagram learning - This is usually good for people who love to draw.                                      
  • Using mnemonic - I have found this to be of great fun when learning. Mnemonic challenges me to learning more and troubling less about how much I have to learn.
  • Discussing with friends - Words said or heard have been known to be a better way of learning unlike reading which sometimes could be arduous. You can call upon friends with like mind to come around to discuss a particular subject topic. This is another sure way of learning.                                                     
  • Watching videos - I watch videos when I'm bored reading i.e videos relating to the book in reference. This is the best of my learning system as I get information in loads and still, least realizing it. YouTube is an online search engine you can always refer to.              In all, learning is a desire that finds its way even when burdensome. No matter how interesting or amusing a means of learning can be, without passion for learning, you can never find it necessary to involve yourself with it.                                                                                                                                         
DESIRE TO LEARN FROM MISTAKES:
Everyone make mistakes but mistakes are often taken as failure which shouldn't be. I take my mistakes to be natural teachers.
Mistakes on its own does not bring about a change in attitude, mental abilities or character, instead, reflecting on such mistakes can.
Thomas Edison, the inventor of the electric light bulb, learnt from his numerous mistakes. Each time he made a mistake, he found a better way way of doing things. When asked why he persisted in creating what we have today as the light bulb amidst many mistakes, he said, "If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I'm not discouraged because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward". There is an obvious spirit of determination. At the end of it all, he was successful.

There are so many people who have made it to where they are today just by acknowledging the fact that mistakes are a stepping stone to being successful.  Continue reading


Comments

  1. I am looking to make changes in life for my company. I need the most successful outcome. What tooling do you suggest I use to get going in the correct direction?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6 Reasons you don't get the most of yourself 2

6 Reasons you don't get the most of yourself

5 Secrets of Early Risers